Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30th-Design Team Reveal

July 30th Design Team Reveal--gosh it was tough to type that as that would mean that our summer here in Ontario is half over and time is just passing us by. We have a new Guest Designer for you today as well as a fabulous sketch and an awesome reveal!


Guest Designer:




Hello there! I’m Marina and I’m from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. I’m a mom to my 10-month old boy Lucas and a wife to my hubby Paul. I’ve always loved creating beautiful things but I’ve only discovered my love for paper crafting this year when I left my ten-year career as a brand marketer to be a stay-at-home-mum.


I enjoy scrapping and creating cards and gifts. Some of my favourite techniques are distressing, misting and layering. I love adding flowers, pearls and glitter for that shabby-glam touch. There are endless resources and motivations out there and we can draw inspirations and ideas from anyone and anything. I believe one’s creativity is only limited by the boundaries of one’s own imagination so we should constantly challenge ourselves.
I’m honored and thrilled to be selected as the guest designer on Cardabilities! I love sharing my craft because life is beautiful and unique and memories are best preserved as an expression of art.

A true bibliophile at heart and a shameless foodie, when I’m not busy crafting, you will find me immersed in a book or trying out new food with the hubs. Do pop by my crafty blog here: http://myscrapspiration.blogspot.com/

Marinas take on our sketch
































































































If you happen to create a card using Sketch #36, please feel free to link so we can peek too. You will also have the opportunity to be our Guest Designer!


8 comments:

Diana Waite said...

oh, everyones cards are just beautiful!

Janet O'Brien said...

wonderful cards ladies!

Franz♥ said...

Stunning cards girls!

Welcome to our GD Marina, wonderful work, dear!

Francesca.

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous cards ladies, thanks for the fab sketch Karan. Congrats and welcome to Marina!

Marina said...

Hi ladies! Loved working on this sketch! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Thanks for the sketch! Great work with the samples :)

missybossy65 said...

Loved the sketch and the all the work from the DT.......super, thanks!

kusoutare said...

Oops! I did it wrong! Sorry! ^_^